Below is a list of research articles and reports related to neurobiology and physiology that have been vetted by our research subcommittee. Please click on the links below for additional information including abstracts and in some cases full-length articles.
- Payne, J. L., & Maguire, J. (2019). Pathophysiological mechanisms implicated in postpartum depression. Frontiers in neuroendocrinology, 52, 165-180.
- Walton, N., & Maguire, J. (2019). Allopregnanolone-based treatments for postpartum depression: Why/how do they work?. Neurobiology of stress, 11, 100198.
- Duarte-Guterman, P., Leuner, B., & Galea, L. A. (2019). The long and short term effects of motherhood on the brain. Frontiers in Neuroendocrinology, 53, 100740. doi:10.1016/j.yfrne.2019.02.004
- Swenson, C. W., DePorre, J. A., Haefner, J. K., Berger, M. B., & Fenner, D. E. (2018). Postpartum depression screening and pelvic floor symptoms among women referred to a specialty postpartum perineal clinic. American journal of obstetrics and gynecology, 218(3), 335-e1.
- Pawluski, J. L., Lonstein, J. S., & Fleming, A. S. (2017). The neurobiology of postpartum anxiety and depression. Trends in Neurosciences, 40(2), 106-120.